The material library of the transparent and semi-transparent gemstones.
The library was made with 3ds Max 2011 and V-Ray 2.40.
We provided physically correct values of Fresnel IOR and Dispersion/Abbe properties.
We examined hundreds of real gemstones studio photos and reproduced accurately the existing color variations of gems.
We made hundreds of test renders to tune each gemstone material to real-life look.
The library features:
* 64 high-quality materials of gemstones
* 35 unique minerals with a number of real-world color variations
* Physically accurate optical properties
* Thoroughly reproduced transparency and color tones of real minerals
* Unique and meaningful names of the materials
* Three deliver forms: one united library, 64 individual libraries, 64 individual scenes with 'shaderball'
* Compliance with real world scale (system units - centimeters)
* Materials are completely ready for visualization
* Previews were rendered in 3DS Max with V-Ray renderer
* 34-page Catalogue of entire library with 600x600pix quality renders and hyperlinks for fast search
* User Guide with detailed explanations on using of the library and tuning of gemstone materials to specific needs
The release includes the following formats:
.mat (Autodesk 3ds Max 2011, V-Ray materials)
.max (Autodesk 3ds Max 2011, V-Ray materials)
.png (Preview images)
.pdf (User Guide, Catalogue)
Materials: YES, procedural
UVW mapping: Not applicable
* Diamond geometry and studio lighting setup are not included
* The licensing conditions permit the per-seat usage only
* To give an idea of how gemstone materials will look in the final image of jewelry models, moderate contrast and saturation were applied to all preview and catalogue renders.