Originally modeled in cinema4D 9.5. Detailed enough for close-up renders. The zip-file contains bodypaint textures and standard materials.
The chosen 3D design was extremely unique with respect to existing fighters. The Lockheed design team chose a double- fuselage design to accommodate the structure of the empennage, engines, and superchargers, with an isolated barge in the middle of the wings to house the cockpit and armament. The nose was designed to house two Browning M2 machine guns of 12.7 mm, with a tape of 200 cartridges per weapon, another two Browning M1919of 7.62 mm with a 500 cartridge belt per weapon, and a 37 mm Oldsmobile cannon with 15 projectiles. Concentrating the armament on the nose of the plane was radically different from other aircraft of the United States, which had the armament arranged in its wings, which caused the shots to intersect at one or more points where they converged forward. By having the weapons mounted on the nose, the Lockheed P-38 Lightning was much more precise in offering accurate bursts that could be fired in a straight line forward, since in the other accommodation system, the certainty depended on the point of convergence and the skill or fortune of the pilot to locate their targets in that zone. This means that good shooters could be much more effective or precise and their shots could be made from a distance much greater than in any other fighter. Easily a Lightning could fire its deadly light armor of four machine guns from a comfortable and safe distance to the target of approximately 900 meters with a great chance of hitting the target, while another fighter would only succeed with a distance between 90 and 225 meters, bringing it much closer to danger and even more likely to fail. Their fitted weapons had a characteristic circular saw an effect on the stock, which made the airplane ideal for attack with bursts of their machine guns.
- Inside scene: - model - 21 textures, 2 materials, 1 alphamap
- No cleaning up necessary, just drop your models into the scene and start rendering.
- No special plugin needed to open scene.
- Phong shading interpolation / Smoothing - 35°
-The files contains seperate parts for a Flying and a Standing-Version
- NOTE - In obj, lwo and fbx the Alphamap for the propellor (Run_Alpha) in the fly-version must manually load in the Materialcanal / Opacitycanal.
- Polygones - 137505 Vertices - 109142 - 32 Objects
- 25 textures - 1 materials - 1 alpha-map
- obj File - lwo file - fbx - File Version 2010