DECALmachine 1.8 Available
Meet the updated DECALmachine from MACHIN3. The tool is a Blender addon, which through mesh Decals, helps with surface detailing in a very non-committal, non-destructive, UV-less way. Basically, it’s an alternative approach to hard surface texturing.
Please note that DECALmachine 1.8 works only with Blender 2.80.
- quick and precise raycast-based Decal insertion
- automatic material matching, parenting, normal transfer and collection creation
- unlimited decal libraries + flexible asset loader layout
- instant decal creation of all types
- quickly adjust height, decal mesh or UV rotation and much more using the convenient modal adjust tool
- enforce default settings scene-wide and change them quickly using the panel
- use decals on flat surfaces and project them on curved surfaces
- slice decal panel lines boolean-style
- parallax adds convincing depth to normal mapped decals, now in real time utilizing Blender’s Eevee
- retain sharp details at all scales, independent of texture resolution, via UV-less object based detailing
- take advantage of decals being objects, by using modifiers like mirror
- add Decals while editing groups in GroupPro
- hide Decal materials (incl. in Batch Ops and Hard Ops) and textures
- 108 Decals included
You can learn more and get the addon for free here.