The half-track D7, was produced for the German army until 1944. Several thousand units were built to tow light artillery pieces and rocket launchers. The vehicle itself carried an anti-aircraft gun and was very mobile. The vehicle had a cargo capacity of 1.5 tons. It was used extensively in all theaters. The Sd.Kfz.105 version was equipped with a 2cm gun Type 38, which was also used against ground targets.